Washington State Public Disclosure Commission
711 Capitol Way, Room 206
Olympia, Washington 98504
Note that this agenda is subject to change. Please check the ** PDC website ** for the current version.
The Public Disclosure Commission Meeting will be streamed live on TVW at WAPDC.12.08.22
Public comment can be submitted online at: SUBMIT PUBLIC COMMENT
Public Comment period is at 9:30 a.m. To provide public comment remotely during comment period please call 1-360-522-0670 or email email@example.com prior to the start of the meeting to obtain information on how to participate.
Note: To ensure timely distribution, please submit materials related to the public comment portion by Tuesday 12.6.22, by 5 P.M. to allow time for the Commission and staff for review.
All times shown for consideration of agenda items (other than the time of convening) are approximate and may vary, depending on the amount of discussion required for each.
- 9:30 AM Chair Opening Comments and Public Comment Period
- 9:45 AM Consideration and Possible Approval of Meeting Minutes
- October 27, 2022
- November 7, 2022
- 9:50 AM Budget Update
- 10:00 AM Declaratory Order Regarding Legislative Freeze Period
- 10:15 AM Strategic Plan Update
- 10:45 AM Rulemaking and Legislative Update
- Draft of proposed Rule Change – Inflationary Measures
- 11:00 AM Management Updates
- Executive Director Update | Peter Frey Lavallee, Executive Director
- Deputy Director Update | Kim Bradford, Deputy Director
- Annual Report Draft
- Customer Service and Filer Assistance Update| Kendra Hodgson, Director of Customer Service and Outreach
- IT Activity Report | James Gutholm, Chief Information Officer
- 11:20 AM Enforcement Updates
- Enforcement Report – Categorization and Status of Open Complaints
- 11:30 AM Audit Highlight Report
- 12:00 PM Break/Executive Session
Discussion of matters allowed in executive session pursuant to RCW 42.30.110, including but not limited to, discussion of enforcement matters and pending and potential litigation with legal counsel, and review of performance of public employees. Possible action regarding pending litigation, or other matters properly discussed during executive session, will be taken following the executive session.
- 1:00 PM Reporting Modification Request
- 1:30 PM Enforcement Hearing
- PDC Case 110582 Merz, Kurt Shawn, School Director for the Wahkiakum School District 200. PDC staff is alleging that the Respondent violated RCW 42.17A.700 by failing to file a Personal Financial Affairs Statement (F-1 report), due no later than April 15, 2022, disclosing financial information for calendar year 2021.
- 1:45 PM Enforcement Hearing (Reconsiderations)
- PDC Case 110532 Melissa Vanderwerf - At the September 1, 2022, Brief Adjudicative Proceeding (BAP Hearing). Ms. Vanderwerf was found in violation of RCW 42.17A.700 for failure to file the F-1 report that was due by April 15, 2022 covering calendar year 2021. Ms. Vanderwerf was assessed a penalty of $250, with $125 suspended, which she now asks the Commission to reconsider.
- PDC Case 110479 Heidi Cao - At the September 1, 2022, Brief Adjudicative Proceeding (BAP Hearing). Ms. Cao was found in violation of RCW 42.17A.700 for failure to file the F-1 report that was due by April 15, 2022 covering calendar year 2021. Ms. Cao was assessed a penalty of $250, with $125 suspended, which she now asks the Commission to reconsider.
- 2:05 PM Adjourn
The Commission may deliberate in closed session on any enforcement matter on this agenda, or any matters listed in RCW 42.30.140.