Washington State Public Disclosure Commission
711 Capitol Way, Room 206
Olympia, Washington 98504
Note that this agenda is subject to change. Please check the ** PDC website ** for the current version.
The Public Disclosure Commission Meeting will be streamed live on TVW at WAPDC.05.25.23
Commission members and PDC staff may attend in person or remotely.
Public comment can be submitted online at: SUBMIT PUBLIC COMMENT
Public Comment period is at 9:30 a.m. To provide public comment remotely during the comment period please email email@example.com prior to the start of the meeting to obtain information on how to participate.
Note: To ensure timely distribution, please submit materials related to the public comment portion by Tuesday 05.23.23, by 5 P.M. to allow time for the Commission and staff to review.
All times shown for consideration of agenda items (other than the time of convening) are approximate and may vary, depending on the amount of discussion required for each
- 9:30 AM Chair Opening Comments and Public Comment Period
Written Comment Submitted:
- 9:40 AM Consideration and Possible Approval of Meeting Minutes
- April 27, 2023
- May 11, 2023
- 9:45 AM Budget Update
- 9:50 AM Rulemaking
- Final adoption of expedited rules re inflationary adjustment (reference correction) WSR 23-07-099
- Initiation of rulemaking re lobbyist reporting requirements and public discussion re: issues to be addressed in rulemaking
- Consideration and possible action on petition for rulemaking re public comment used for political advertising (Kunzler)
- 10:00 AM Consideration and Possible Adoption of Proposed Interpretive Statement re Application of RCW 42.17A.490 on Contribution Limits Applied to Transferred Campaign Funds
- DRAFT - PDC Interpretation 23-01 re: The Transfer of Surplus Contributions To a Candidte's Campaign For a DIfferent Office
- 10:30 AM Strategic Plan Update
- Update on digital political advertising disclosure outreach efforts
- 10:15 AM Hearing and Possible Action on Petitions for Declaratory Order
- PDC Response (MEMO)
- Petition 1: (SEIU) Question re RCW 42.17A.405(12) & .442 Whether Requiring PACs to include at least 10 Registered Voters is Constitutional
- Petition 2: (Trask) Question re RCW 42.17A.490 Whether Approved Funds Transferred to a Campaign for a Different Office Counts Towards Contribution Limits.
- 10:50 AM Penalties Update
- 11:00 AM Management Team Updates
- Executive Director Update | Peter Frey Lavallee, Executive Director
- Deputy Director Update | Kim Bradford, Deputy Director
- Customer Service and Filer Assistance Update| Kendra Hodgson, Customer Service and Outreach Director
- Information Technology Update | James Gutholm, Chief Information Officer
- 11:15 AM Enforcement Updates
- Enforcement Report – Categorization and Status of Open Complaints
- 11:30 AM Reporting Modification Requests
- Noel Frame – State Senator, Legislative District 36 Senate - WAC 390-28-100(1)(b)
- Travis Exstrom – Regent/Trustee, Highline College – WAC 390-28-100(1)(b)
- Joyce Shui – School Director, Bellevue School District 405 – WAC 390-28-100(1)(d)
- Elizabeth Berry & various campaigns – State Representative, 36th Legislative District WAC 390-28-100(1)(d)(ii), RCW 42.17A.120 & RCW 42.17A.240
- 12:00 PM BREAK/Executive Session
Discussion of matters allowed in executive session pursuant to RCW 42.30.110, including but not limited to, discussion of enforcement matters and pending and potential litigation with legal counsel, and review of performance of public employees. Possible action regarding pending litigation, or other matters properly discussed during executive session, will be taken following the executive session.
- 1:00 PM Adjourn
The Commission may deliberate in closed session on any enforcement matter on this agenda, or any matters listed in RCW 42.30.140.