Electronic filing of financial affairs disclosure (F-1) statements is designed to simplify filing and to help filers know what to report.

Watch our training videos (one for New Filers and one for Returning Filers) for step-by-step instruction.

Appointed and elected officials required to submit Personal Financial Affairs (F-1) disclosures will use the online system to submit their statements*.

Here is how to get access to the system:

1. Set up a SAW account

To get started, you'll need a Secure Access Washington (SAW) account, if you don't already have one.

This PDC video offers a guide to establishing a SAW account.

If you are setting up a new SAW account, you might want to use an email that you have established already with the PDC. That will be the easiest way to get linked to your F-1 information.

2. Go to the system

Once you have a SAW account, log into it and go to the F-1 filing system by either using the "Add a Service" tool in the SAW system or by going directly to this link: Financial Affairs online reporting system. Please note that the system is not compatible with Internet Explorer.

If you don't see your name in the upper right-hand corner of the application, you can request access by clicking on "New filer." Enter the email you last used to file a F-1 with the PDC. You should receive an email with a one-time security code that you will need to use to access your reports.

If the email address you've used previously for PDC filings is one you no longer can access, contact the PDC customer service staff at pdc@pdc.wa.gov to report the new email address that you'll use for PDC reporting. Then, return to the application and request access.

3. Start filing

Once you've established access, you will see the landing page of the filing application. You can click the button labeled "Prior" to see your past F-1 statements. Or, if you're ready to begin filing, click the "Start" button. If you have previously filed a F-1 report in this system, you should be able to import your information.

4. Find help

Questions about what to report? The application itself includes pop-up windows (marked with a ? icon) and a FAQ (see the Help? link in the upper right-hand corner) that leads you to instructions on our website. Our full F-1 reporting manual also is available here.

If you don't see the answer to your question, contact us at pdc@pdc.wa.gov.


*State law requires use of electronic filing when a system is available. Filers can request a hardship exemption to electronic filing based on lack of technological ability. Hardship exemption requests can be emailed to pdc@pdc.wa.gov.